Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Bangalore Trip

Kala Athai stayed in Bangalore for sometime and we visited her once. Booma paatti also visited her from Chidamabaram. Our dad had arranged through KSTDC to visit Saravana Belagola and Brindavan Gardens. We took Booma paatti along with us. She had a very huge Physic. She would not climb stairs much. She was not able to climb any steps in Saravana Belagola. She was about 70 yrs at that time. So we left her to stay down and we alone climbed to see the Lord Gometeswara. Srivatsa and I climbed down back very fast to see what she was doing. To our surprise she climbed about 50 steps all by herself without anyone's help. We asked her if we could carry her in the Doli. But she refused it.

Whenever my father and my husband make a committment to God, they make it for the whole family. Ex: 'I will climb up the Thirumala with my wife, children and inlaws, etc...'

Once my dad had a committment of taking her to the Sholingar temple by climbing steps. He made this without her knowledge and was very afraid to tell her for so many years. But he made it 10 years later. Paati and others climbed up the Sholingar hill and fulfiilled my dad's committment.

We have a memory of climbing up the Thirumala with Ammamma and Patta Thatha....It was again my Appa's leelai. We feared the last one to climb up would be Patta thatha. But he made it first... You know who was the last???? My lovely Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment