Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Rendam Vela Thairunjaam

The first and foremost thing that I remember about her is She was the one who would feed us (Myself - Srimathy, my Brother Srivatsa, and My cousins Badri, Sarayu, Swetha, Jayashree and Srikanth) the 12.00 clock Thachi Mammu. She would make sure that the curd is not very sour enough. She would add milk and yogurt to the rice and bring it on a large bowl with Naarthangai oorrugai. We all would surround her and she would give little balls of thachi mammu to each of us.  The lunch for all the 7 grand kids would be over without any kadai (mess). All of us would race and eat the mammu and everyone would fight for the  last ball the 'Adi Vazhichu Anai Kutti'.

(Now I am struggling to make my little one eat. Paati teach me the Magic )

Our parents did not worry about our feedings when we were in Chidambaram. Booma Paati had her own way of making us eat. And she would do the same for dinner. She would bring Rasam Mammu with Appalam and Thachi mammu for the next round.

No comments:

Post a Comment